Friday, March 05, 2010

Why I Love My Life Group

Let me tell you about my life group. All ages from twenties to fifties. All walks of life from babies to teenagers and from blue collars to white collars. None better than the other. Simply doing life together as fellow friends of God.

Here's what we're up too...

Friday night we're hanging out. Games and homemade pizzas. Mmm.

Sunday morning we're serving together. The smiling faces for all who come through the doors of Harvest Chapel.

Monday night we're digging into Scripture. Applying love and tackling life.

Let's not forget the constants. Friends to count on. Laughter. Minds to pull from. Really really good food. Shoulders to lean on.

So...why do I love my life group? Seems like a silly question after noting the above. Doesn't it? Which only begs the real question. Why struggle and stumble alone? Get plugged in. Do life together. Build support walls.

When the time comes...you'll be glad you did as we're designed to be actively engaged within community. And...we all know life happens and the time always comes sooner or later. Until next time. Jed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love my lifegroup too!!! Thanks for all that you and Melissa do. Thank you especially for opening your home week after week. It is such a highlight for all of us!