Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Expected Or Shocked

During college, a group of guys gathered each night for prayer. A great group which I deeply miss. One night we prayed for God to bring people to us for prayer. Guess we weren't very missional with the whole come to us versus us to them mentality. Regardless...here's what happened.

-------

Been praying for and with each other. Now, wrapping it up.

Us: "God please bring people to us for prayer...amen."

Instantly, there was a knock at the door. I got up and answered. My neighbor, who was far from God, was standing within the hall...rocking back and forth.

Neighbor: "Hey...I think you all meet and pray. If so, may I come in and could you please pray with me? I need help."

After my slight stroke, we did just that.

-------

We all were shocked. Not only did God answer our prayer...but, He answered it instantly and without delay.

Are we shocked when God answers? Or, are these answers expected?

Nothing profound within this post...other than praying with expectance as we serve a God who loves to answer.

So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

Which of your fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!

Luke 11:9-13. Until next time. Jed.

No comments: