Monday, February 01, 2010

Man's Best Friend & Me

Let me tell you about my life...actually, let me tell you about my dog's life...

We have a Yorkshire Terrier named Reeses. He's nine years old in bone and two years old in heart.

I love him.
My wife dislikes him...leaning towards hate from time to time. She should probably repent.
My kids love him...although testing his patience more often than not.

His bed is soft and warm. His dish is always full. His toys and treats are many. He freely roams and often sleeps. No cares, fears, or worries. A simplistically sweet life. And...he's only my dog.

What's my point? Well...we're beyond blessed. Even our pets live far better than most. Kind of makes me wonder. What about me? Am I a blessing to others besides my dog? What about you?

Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins. Cheerfully share your home with those who need a meal or a place to stay. God has given each of you a gift from His great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another. Then everything you do will bring glory to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 4:7-11.

So...here's one simple question. Could this passage be a thank you to you? Thank you for showing love. Thank you for cheerfully sharing your home. Thank you for serving one another. Or...is your dog the only recipient?

No judgment here as I wrestle with the above as well. Regardless, an answer is warranted from me and you. So, allow this answer to settle. Allow the Holy Ghost to direct, guide, and lead. Go to it my friends. Until next time. Jed.

No comments: