Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Story Behind This Name

More often than not...people ask - "What's with ljutic213 anyways?" Well...ljutic213 is my user name for both facebook and twitter. Is it hard for most to remember? Absolutely! Can anyone besides a select few pronounce it? Absolutely not! Have I considered changing it? Everyday of my life!

So, here's the story behind this name...

Ljutic is a gun manufacturer. American made. American owned. Manufacturing one of the best for trapshooters everywhere. You may check them out here.

Me? I simply love trapshooting. It once consumed and framed dollar after dollar of hour after hour of week after week. Then...my kids arrived with their beating hearts and smiling faces. So, for a season, my kids have trumped my guns.

As you may have guessed, I own a Ljutic. The serial number of my Ljutic is 213. Put the two together and there you go...ljutic213.

Pronounced? Ljutic...lu-tick.

Come on over and visit sometime. We'll have some coffee and I'll show you my Ljutic. Yes...I realize that whole sentence sounds a bit bizarre. But, it really is a thing of beauty.

Perhaps one day this name will change. But, for now, I will ignore the naysayers and proudly display this difficult to pronounce and difficult to remember name. Why? Simply because it's me. So...why not! Until next time. Jed.

No comments: