Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Still Here

Blog? What blog? Man…it has been weeks since any post which has completely derailed all nurtured and constructed momentum. What happened? I’m unsure how to answer this question or if an answer even exists.

God has remained faithful…a promise that will thankfully never change. Cool news - I changed careers. Not just a lateral transition…but, a whole new venue. Not just additional opportunities…but, a melding of the passions God has placed upon my life. Not just happenstances…but, truly molded and prepared by the hand of God. Blessed does not even begin to express my gratitude to my Lord and Savior. I’m amazed and stand in awe…honored and humbled.

I’ve basically felt like a sponge the past week or so. I’m saturated and need a good ringing to continue absorbing. Praise God!

The timing although questioned by me throughout the past few years was perfect down to the day…down to the hour. And I chuckle as if this timing was ironic. God was closing and wrapping one chapter while another was and is being paved. I’d love to share the specifics with any and all. Just get in touch with me as the story truly is a cool one.

More than anything, the essence of the ordinary seems to ring loud. I’m a pretty ordinary guy and that’s ok. There are others with the same gifts and talents. Others with similar issues, praises, and questions. Others with similar stories. There are simply others. God makes me unique. An extraordinary God.

Lay aside the preconceived notions of self. Stop looking inward. Remember…there are simply others. Others looking, seeking, and searching for truth. On a global scale…we as followers of Christ need to transform from inward to outward. While programs for self may be noteworthy, they likely miss these others. If we miss…let’s not travel down this if as the corresponding then is quite sad.

Button those shirts. Lace those shoes. Cloth the ordinary and let loose. The extraordinary God from within will overflow and use the ordinary to do the extraordinary. What an honor to be a child and friend of God. All to His glory. Until next time. Jed.

No comments: