Monday, February 23, 2009

Jesus Between Our If Then

Do you remember the if followed by a then? But, as noted, Jesus must come between our if then. If Jesus, then…

Today, I seem to be nostalgic. You see…I’m on the move. Off to a new career. A career that has been rooted within my heart and soul for nearly a decade. A career where the past roads have paved the way. And who paved these past roads? God and God alone. Without doubt or question. Although I had doubts and questions more often than not. God still paved. God is and was faithful.

I look around and then turn inward. Who am I? A wretch. A sinner. Deserving unto death. But…don’t forget that Jesus falls between my if then. As the Psalmist notes, “What is man that you are mindful of him?” I know. Do you? Simply put…we’re blessed and loved. John 15:15 notes, “No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends.” Wow! Don’t you feel blessed and loved to be known as a friend of God!

Life will be life. Hurdles and trails will come. Doubts and questions will follow. But, God will still pave. God will still be faithful. Put your life and your trust in Him…into His hands…the author and perfecter of our faith.

I hate to burst the bubble. But, we’re ordinary. Me and you. However, place Jesus between our if then and we remain ordinary with an extraordinary God in tow…as our friend. How cool is that! Until next time. Jed.

No comments: