Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Grand Curtain

There is a time for everything as Solomon says. A time to build, dance, heal, laugh, mend, speak, refrain, and so on. But…what would these words look like today? A time to blog, email, message, post, surf, text, tweet, and twit. We’re flooded with information and often driven by technology. Last night, I had to chuckle and somewhat frown all at the same time. I walked through the door and waited for my running hugs. You know…the ones that all fathers cherish. Instead, my five year old asked for my phone. Why? She wanted to play a game (Super Monkey Ball). Little red parent flags started to waive and she is now fasting from my phone. Fortunately, my two year old did not let me down. Man…I love those hugs.

Time is given to all. Employees, families, friends, kids, parents, spouses…me and you. So, are we present in the present or propelled by the if only? Ever play the if only game? It’s a fun little game. Let’s give it a shot…

- If only my car was way cooler.
- If only my commute was a little closer.
- If only my knowledge was somewhat sharper.
- If only my house was a little bigger.
- If only my muscles were a tad larger.
- If only my office was a few floors higher.

Now, what follows the if only? The then. You fill in the blank. Then…I’ll be better, happier, healthier, and/or wealthier. Conquer one if only and guess what’s waiting around the next corner. Yep. Another if only. Corner after corner. If only after if only.

Ready for the grand curtain? If only I knew Jesus, then I’ll be blessed. Present in the present and trusting in the Lord. We’ll dig deeper within upcoming posts. Until next time. Jed.

By the way…my sister-in-law has started a blog and it’s great. I’m proud of her. Check it out here.

No comments: