Tuesday, February 09, 2010

What Say You

I don't want to grow up. I'm a Toys 'R Us kid. There's a million toys at Toys 'R Us that I can play with. From bikes to trains to video games at the biggest toy store there is. I don't want to grow up cause if I did, I couldn't be a Toys 'R Us kid.

You were singing instead of reading - weren't you? Or, at least reading singing, if there's such a thing. No worries though. I promise not to tell.

We all likely agreed with our friend Geoffrey the Giraffe. But - guess what? We all grew up nonetheless. Grew up and faced a fairly daunting question. What do you want to be?

However, isn't there an even more daunting question? Daunting and demanding.

-------

Last Sunday, my wife and I visited a church down south. They kicked off a new sermon series.

Pushing Up Daisies: So you're dead...now what?

Huh. I admit. I was definitely engaged as this question seems even more daunting. Daunting and demanding. Doesn't it?

Let's be honest. It's uncomfortable. It's not likely the prevailing topic at cafes and diners. Or, hoarding your discussions with families and friends. But, it's real. Very real and worthy of an answer.

-------

No answers from me today. Rather...I'm leaving these answers to you. Comment here. Give me a call. Send me an email or message. How would you answer?

So you're dead...now what? What happens to you when you die?

Just as man is destined to
die once... Hebrews 9:27.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't care...how's that.

Anonymous said...

I hope I'm coming back as a dog. Seriously. Sleep and eat all day long.

Anonymous said...

Likely heading to hell. Shouldn't be too bad. All my friends will be there.