Friday, January 08, 2010

The Root Of Perception

The relative strength of any friend or foe is assessed from an appearance.

The blisters and calluses for the worker.
The strands of grays and volumes of books for the professor.
The diplomas hanging and patients waiting for the doctor.

Each communicating and portraying an appearance. After all, as we've discussed, isn't perception everything? But...let's slow down. Not so fast...as the past year or so reflects another appearance.

Bear Stearns collapsed.
GMC pleaded.
Washington Mutual folded.

Go back further...much further.

Sampson collapsed.
Pharaoh pleaded.
Goliath folded.

Perhaps perception isn't everything...at least from God's perspective. So, here's the often ignored and neglected question?

What about my walk with God? The books on my shelf. The songs on my speakers. The studies on my desk. All an appearance able to collapse, plead, and fold within a moment. Rather, it's the root within my soul. This root...this perspective God cares for and watches over. This perspective I need. This perspective must grow and reproduce!

How deep is my root? How deep is your root? Your church's and family's? As perception lingers, this root lasts...eternally!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great reminder. I am going over spiritual disciplines and thinking about Rom 12:1-2 the idea of transformed by renewing your mind. Great thoughts to ponder