Monday, August 10, 2009

The Destiny Of Death

And just as each person is destined to die once and after that comes judgment. (Hebrews 9:27)

The destiny of death provokes emotions, fears, thoughts, and questions. Such as the why, where, when, and what if. However, this handful quickly fades and slips from within our grip. No matter the perseverance or strength. Only fading and slipping with the passing second, minute, hour, and day. So, all fairly irrelevant. Right? But, let's not underestimate the what if. This one only drops and falls. Dropping and falling. Breaking and shattering. Why? Because we simply let go!

What if I continually run from God's calling and leading?
What if I never healed or mended the relationship?
What if I never said I love you or I'm sorry?
What if I was wrong?

My wife's aunt passed away this past Saturday. Wrestling, struggling, and losing to cancer. The why, where, and when fading and slipping from within her grip. But, the what if firmly within her grip. She had the what if nailed. You see...she never let go. She trusted Christ with her life.

Perhaps you're thinking...so what? You're not alone. I know some family thinking the same. This thinking does not change the reality of Hebrews 9:27. Your destiny of death. Your judgment. Your reality. So...forget the why, where, or when. But, let's never let go. Let's nail the what if. Not tomorrow or even later today. Rather, right now! Before the sun sets and the what if becomes a has been.

No comments: