Monday, January 12, 2009

Trust? Not A Chance!

Earlier today I pulled up to a stop sign and trusted my wife. She claimed all was clear and off we went without demise.

Trust is powerful. After all...I trusted my wife with my life. No doubts, glances, fears, or worries. Just the word go and off we went. We trust people from all walks of life. Doctors to heal. Officers to protect. Pastors to counsel. Teachers to teach. And the list marches on. But...trusting God seems to be a stretch and life overtakes.

I love my kids and kids love trust. A lion could be charging or asteroid colliding. But...my kids would feel safe and secure within my arms (although we know better). Why? Because of trust. No doubts, glances, fears, or worries. Just absolute and simple trust.

We try and crack the code or untangle the mystery. At times…this mystery is ok unsolved. The answer may remain elusive. Hidden despite our best efforts to seek. Why? Why the diagnosis? Why the pain? Why the stress? Let's take the lead from the kids. Here comes the lion or asteroid. So...jump into the arms of God. Safe and secure with absolute and simple trust.

Abraham left without a defined end...and guess what. Abraham found home (Hebrews 11:8)! He trusted God and God delivered and secured home. How about you? On a journey without a defined end. Not sure of the how, when, where, or why. Just trust. Haunted by fears and questions. Just trust. Plagued by popular opinions. Just trust. Unsure of...

Just TRUST!

Give and release this journey to God. Trust in the Lord with all your heart...He will direct your paths (Proverbs 3:5-6). The peace of God will guard your hearts and minds (Philippians 4:7). Now...that's words to live by. Say bye bye to doubts, glances, fears, or worries. Listen for the word go and trust! Until next time. Jed.

2 comments:

Luke Sampson said...

A timely and well thought-out post, Jed. Thank you.

832 Ministries, Inc. said...

Thanks my friend.