Thursday, December 11, 2008

They Like Jesus But Not The Church

I stumbled upon a guy by the name of Dan Kimball the other day. Actually, I bought his curriculum for the college group.

“They Like Jesus But Not The Church”

It’s very interesting and intriguing. The first session talks of a Christian Bubble. Are you in one? What are you doing tonight or how about this weekend? Hanging out with Christian friends? Going to a Christian bookstore? Going to a Christian concert? Going to a Christian program? Going to a church? Listening to Christian music? Talking with Christian friends?

Do you see a theme? Christian! Don’t get me wrong…all good stuff. But, how does the world learn about Christ if the Christians are caught up in bubbles?

Here’s a list of all the sessions and a promo video…I would encourage you to check it out.

 Isn’t the church just organized religion that is politically motivated?
 Is the church homophobic?
 Does it take the entire Bible literally?
 Does the church repress women?
 Is it judgmental and negative?
 Does it arrogantly think all other religions are wrong?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

And you still haven't read UnChristian? You need to get on the ball!!! :-)

832 Ministries, Inc. said...

I agree. I'll download the audio book and let you know my thoughts when finished.

Unknown said...

By the way, I also have one of Dan Kimball's first books if you want to read it. It's really good, about how he "does church" differently. Chip Ingram wrote the introduction since Dan started out as youth pastor under Chip.