Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Santa's List & God's List

Buddy the elf roams and wonders about our home. Nope…not Will Ferrell…although that would be pretty cool. But…one of Santa’s little helpers that our daughters named Buddy. It’s the Elf On A Shelf. Buddy hides each day and watches each move. Better be good. After all…don’t want to end up on the naughty list.

Christmas Eve is upon us. So…it’s probably too late to get off the naughty list. Bummer. But…don’t worry. There’s always next year.

What about “the” list? God’s list. Revelation 20:15 notes, “Anyone not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.” We all know that Buddy is not real (except for my girls). But, let’s not be fooled. God is tracking and watching. And there’s a naughty list. Revelation 21:8 notes the cowardly, the liars, the idol worshipers, the sexually immoral, the unbelieving, and so on. This list will have their part in the lake which burns with brimstone and fire.

Now…I don’t turn brimstone and fire very often. Nonetheless…this list is a reality. I was once a member. But, not any more! For Christ died for me while I was still a member. His death and resurrection paid my dues and erased my membership. Praise God! Not just for me…but, for you too. Please check out this page from Campus Crusade for Christ.

Merry Christmas from 832 Ministries!

No comments: