Monday, December 15, 2008

Fact - Computers Crash

The screen fades. As a precautionary, a box appears with four languages. Why the four languages? Who knows…perhaps for the multi-lingual among us or the simple jollies of a demented programmer? This box says you must restart and restart now! Oh…the bliss of computers.

This box has consumed, haunted, and plagued my last few days. But…never fear! I have conquered this box. That is after a complete reinstall of anything and everything. Followed by a complete restore of addresses, documents, emails, songs, and so on. Which all means that I have lost hours upon hours of my life. Wait a second. Perhaps I misspoke. It appears this box has conquered me.

I envision God looking down at us. Our screens fading. Our boxes appearing. We must restart and restart now! At what cost? After all…a day is like a thousand years to God. So, we should be up and running after just a few seconds of time. Sounds easy enough. Right?

But, God strives for the perfect and not the excellent. The excellent is just enough…giving the appearance of the perfect at first glance. Steve Jobs should take some pointers from God. If so, I wouldn’t have spent my weekend with languages I don’t understand. However, the perfect is too costly. Too costly for even the beloved iMac to achieve (sorry fellow Apple lovers).

Praise God! He reinstalled and restored and got us up and running again. He provided a permanent fix. He provided the perfect. At what cost? His life!

With Christmas on the horizon, let’s not forget Immanuel. God with us. The Perfect!

No comments: